Published: 07/03/2019 | Updated: 02/07/2024
This creamy cucumber salad with a mayo dressing is packed with fresh cucumbers, red onions, and white vinegar, and mayonnaise dressing that is super refreshing for summer salad dishes are one of my favorite summer recipes.
This delicious cucumber mayo sour cream salad recipe is the perfect summer side dish is a perfect combination with Asian pork burgers a perfectly grilled steak, chicken salad sandwiches, pork sandwiches in arepas, and so much more! It’s a light and refreshing picnic side dish recipe that is a perfect compliment to just about any main dish!
Packed with fresh crunchy cucumbers (I’m jealous if you’re able to grow garden cucumbers!), red onions, and a light and creamy dressing, this salad makes an appearance at our house many times each summer!
It’s even really low in carbs, so perfect if you’re looking for a keto-friendly classic side dish to take to a picnic! You can cut the carbs down even further by omitting the onions completely.
How to Make Creamy Cucumber Salad with Mayo
I use regular cucumbers for this sour cream and mayo cucumber salad recipe, but you can easily use English cucumbers too for personal preference. I like mine cut very thin with the cucumber skin left on.
If you aren’t a fan of the skin of cucumbers, feel free to peel it first! You can also cut your slices thicker or even cut them thick and then cut each slice in half again. It’s really up to you how you slice your cucumbers and won’t affect the final taste of this creamy cucumber salad with mayonnaise recipe at all!
Directions for Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Slice cucumber into thin slices.
- Slice half a large red onion into small, thin strips.
- In a large bowl, add Hellman’s mayo, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir really well to combine.
- Add cucumber slices and red onions in the bowl with sauce. Toss to coat and enjoy!
And that’s it! Only 4 steps and less than 10 ingredients for this delicious salad that’s perfect for summer!
Want to see how easy this is? Let’s start from the top!
Tips & Tricks
- I like my Creamy Cucumber Salad, well…. creamy! I only use 3 large cucumbers, so I have lots of dressing. You can easily add 1-2 more cucumbers, though, and still, keep the dressing portions the same. This would be great to bulk it up if you’re feeding a large crowd.
- Tomatoes would go perfectly with this salad too! Not everyone loves tomatoes as much as I do, though, so I left it out of this delicious recipe. But just know that if you’re a fellow tomato fiend, chop some cherry tomatoes up and throw them in. I’d chop them up as I show you how to do with my other tomato & cucumber salad recipe. Can you see a pattern here??
- ‘m not the biggest fan of dill, but I’ve been told I’m wrong about that a lot. If you’re a dill lover, you can leave out the Italian Seasoning and replace it with dried dill weed instead. Or go bold and add some fresh dill weed to taste!
- This dish is best made on the day it’s served. In fact, I only make it about an hour or so before we’re going to eat it. You can still definitely eat it after that, but it will start getting a little watery. It doesn’t stop us from chowing down the next day, though!
Looking for more quick & easy recipes
Looking for some quick and easy recipes? Check out this roundup of these recipes that are perfect for any occasion. From breakfast to dinner, there’s something for everyone!
- Salami Roll Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Broccoli Braid
- Texas Trash Dip
- Ranch Glazed Carrots
- Open-faced Tuna Melts
- Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip
- Teriyaki Glaze and Marinade
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 3 large Cucumbers
- 1/2 large Red onion
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Peel and slice your cucumbers. I prefer mine sliced very thinly, but you can cut yours thicker if you prefer.
- Slice red onion into small, thin pieces.
- In a large bowl, add mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Add sliced cucumbers and onion to bowl with dressing. Toss well to coat and then refrigerate until ready to eat. Best made within a couple hours of eating.
In conclusion, these cucumber mayonnaise salad recipes are a delicious and easy side dish that is perfect for any summer gathering! This mayo creamy cucumber salad can be made ahead of time, so it’s perfect for those busy days when you don’t have much time to cook. So, next time you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, give this sour cream mayo cucumber salad recipe a try!