Zucchini chips in the air fryer are an easy side dish or appetizer. Made with panko and parmesan, they’re delicious dipped in ranch or garlic aioli.
The only thing better than eating these delicious zucchini chips, is the smell it leaves lingering in your house! They only take about 10 minutes too cook, but I promise that is too long because the smell is so tempting!
Luckily, they’re incredibly easy to make so you can have them often. The perfect recipe to use up your zucchini harvest from a backyard garden.
This recipe uses an entire medium to large zucchini, and you don’t even have to be bothered with peeling it first. It really is minimal prep and maximum enjoyment. My favorite kind of recipe!
How to Make Zucchini Chips
You only need 5 ingredients total and about 15-20 minutes of time to make these delicious bite-size snacks.
- medium to large zucchini
- panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper (but those don’t really count as ingredients, right??)
The key to this recipe is the 3 layers of toppings that you dip your zucchini slices in. You’ll need 3 small bowls: one with flour mixed with a little salt and pepper, one with the 2 eggs beaten and a 3rd bowl with the panko and parmesan mixed together.
Then slice your zucchini into even slices. The thickness is really a personal preference but I usually go somewhere between 1/4″ to 1/2″.
To make the zucchini chips:
- Dip a zucchini slice in flour and shake off excess.
- Next dip the zucchini slice in beaten eggs and remove excess.
- Add zucchini slice to bowl filled with panko and parmesan. Using a small spoon, cover the top of the zucchini in bread crumbs/parmesan. Flip over and press to coat both sides evenly in mixture.
- Add coated slices to your air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Lightly spray with a nonstick cooking spray. Flip over and spray the other side.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
Tips to Making Fried Zucchini Chips
- I used seasoned panko bread crumbs (which explains the parsley you see in the final pictures), but you can use regular panko bread crumbs too. You can also use regular breadcrumbs if that’s what you have. Panko just gives it a little extra crunch that I can’t resist.
- I’m a sucker for the combination of panko and parmesan together. The flavor just can’t be beat. You do not need to use parmesan, though, if you don’t have any on-hand. Don’t let that stop you from making the recipe. They’re still amazing without the parmesan (but better with it, if you have the choice!)
- These taste amazing on their own, but we like to dip in ranch dressing.
- You can also dip in marinara sauce or make a quick garlic aioli dip. Aioli dip is my absolute favorite, but it’s also made from scratch so a little bit more time than just pouring some dressing or marinara out.
- I spray both sides of the zucchini chips with cooking spray before air frying them because it gives it that gorgeous golden color. It’s not necessary, though, they just won’t look exactly the same as mine do.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can still make these by frying them in a skillet. Place a skillet over mediumm heat and pour in enough canola oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place your coated zucchini chips in a single layer and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more air fryer recipes? It’s such an easy and healthy way to eat that we find ourselves using ours multiple times a week! Here are some more of our favorites:
- Coconut Shrimp
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
- Tilapia with a Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Fried Mushrooms
- Pizza Wontons
Zucchini Chips in the Air Fryer
- Slice zucchini into 1/4"-1/2" slices.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. In a second bowl, add eggs and beat with a fork. In a 3rd bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Dip a zucchini slice in flour and shake off excess. Next dip in beaten eggs and remove excess. Then dip in panko/parmesan and press down to coat both sides completely.
- Place coated zucchini slice in air fryer basket. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices and place in air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray zucchini slices with non-stick cooking spray. Flip over and spray other side.
- Air Fry at 375 for 6 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!