These Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispy Treats are an easy no-bake treat that are so easy evenyour kids can make!
These delicious little squares are so delicious, it’s almost surprising how much we love them! There’s a reason classic Rice Krispie Treats are one of the most popular treats for decades running now. They are just so easy and so universally appealing.
These kick them up a notch by using Fruity Pebbles cereal in place of the regular Rice Krispies, so they’re even extra sweet. And colorful! What kid wouldn’t want to help make these with how pretty they are!
We’re always looking for no-bake treats around here and these did not disappoint!
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
Start by greasing a 13×9 pan. I always grease it using real butter instead of non-stick cooking spray. I don’t mind greasing pans with spray when they’re being cooked, but for no-bake treats I just feel it leaves them feeling greasy and like you can taste the difference.
So grab a pat of butter and grease the pan, making sure you get in all the corners and edges.
In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. The key to making the best Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats is to make sure you melt the marshmallows low and slow. If you start over too high of a heat, not only do you run the risk of burning them but your final treats will be harder and tougher. If you melt your marshmallows over a low to medium heat, your final treats will stay soft and chewy for much longer.
Once your butter is melted, add 10 ounces of marshmallows to the pan and stir until melted. Make sure you are stirring the entire time so they don’t burn.
Once the butter and marshmallows are melted and stirred together, remove the pan from the heat.
Add 6 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal and mix well until everything is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture. Pour immediately into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
Once your bars are cooled, you can cut them into rectangles and enjoy.
Tips for Making Rice Krispy Treats
- When you’re ready to pour the mixture into your prepared pan, the easiest way to pat them down is to grease the back of a wooden spoon. If you try to use your hands, the marshmallow mixture will just stick to it and make a mess. Give the back of a wooden spoon a quick spray of non-stick cooking spray and use that to push it down and make it even.
- You can even melt a little chocolate or white chocolate and drizzle over the top for some extra pizzazz!
- Don’t feel limited to using Rice Krispies or Fruity Pebbles. You can substitute other cereals too. Golden Grahams and Cocoa Puffs are some of our other favorites.
- When you’re ready to cut them, you’ll have an easier time if you butter your knife first so the marshmallows don’t stick.
- You also can skip the knife and cutting them into squares and use cookie cutters instead!
- To keep hands from getting sticky, we sometimes insert a popsicle stick to make it easier to hold. You can also do this and then wrap a small bag around it with a ribbon for favors at parties.
Looking for More No-Bake Treats:
Whether it’s because of the heat of summer or we’re just trying to get our kids in the kitchen more frequently, we’re always on the lookout for more no-bake recipes that our family will love! Here are some more favorites:
- Peanut Butter Squares
- Pineapple Pie
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Coconut Mousse
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add marshmallows to pan and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Using the back of a grease spoon, press mixture evenly into pan.
- Let cool and then cut into rectangles and enjoy!
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save it for later!