These pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are a soft and chewy cookie packed with the flavors of fall! A delicious twist on a classic favorite cookie recipe!
These delicious little bites of fall are packed with pumpkin and then rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture. They’re surprisingly good and maybe even a little bit addictive.
In my previous life when I owned a bakery, these cookies were a best seller every fall! People would call in and request them frequently and they pretty much sold out every time.
And I totally get why because they are so good! Soft and chewy with a little bit of the caramelized exterior thanks to the cinnamon sugar mixture they get rolled in.
One of my favorites year after year!
Tips to Make Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling! Pumpkin pie filling already has all of the spices added so if you use that instead of canned pumpkin, your cookies will be way too spicy!
- I use a small cookie scoop when I’m putting the dough on the pan to make sure they are all the same size. This helps to make sure your cooking time is even and you don’t end up with a pan with small ones that are too well done and large ones that aren’t cooked through yet.
- You do not need to roll the cookies in cinnamon sugar mixture before cooking, but I do like the little caramelized exterior it gives it.
- These cookies freeze well both before and after baking! Just flash freeze them on a cookie sheet before transferring to a freezer bag.
- You don’t have to eat these straight as cookies. Sometimes I put a little buttercream between two cookies to have a little cookie whoopie pie. I’ve also made these into small, bite-size cookies and topped pumpkin cupcakes with them for a little garnish.
Other Favorite Cookie Recipes:
- Dark Chocolate No-bake Cookies
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Cranberry Walnut Shortbread Cookies
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, pour the cream butter and cups of sugar together.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin and mix well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar and spices. Mix on low just until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough by the heaping tablespoonful and roll into a ball. Roll the ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!