Last updated on July 29th, 2022
Peanut butter s’mores cookies are the perfect chewy and soft peanut butter cookie stuffed with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. It’s an amazing marriage of two classic treats!
While I’m normally in camp “Nothing can top a classic peanut butter cookie”, the exception must be adding marshmallows and chocolate chips.
We always make exceptions when s’mores variations are involved because that’s what’s right in this world.
Bonus points because these are so easy to make and a fun way to get your kids involved in the kitchen too! Have them count out the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips into little groups. And if they’re old enough, they can even place them in the center of the cookies too.
How to Make Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
The first step is to make sure your butter is softened. I try to make sure my butter is set out about 30 minutes to an hour before I need to use it. You can also soften butter in the microwave but make sure you only do about 5 seconds at a time, rotating between times, until it’s softened.
To make the cookies, mix your softened butter with peanut butter until it’s smooth and creamy.
Next add your white sugar and brown sugar and mix until really light and fluffy. I mix at this stage more than you would expect, probably 3-5 minutes, to get really light cookies.
Then add your eggs and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
Now for the fun part! I use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to make sure my cookies are all even in size. This makes sure that they bake evenly too.
Then bring up the edges of the dough to wrap around the marshmallows and chocolate chips. You want a ball of peanut butter cookie dough with none of the fillings peaking through.
Then bake at 375 for about 8-10 minutes. You want to take them out when they still look slightly undercooked in the middle. Then let them finish cooking on the sheet for another few minutes.
This will result in the most tender and moist cookies!
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Cookies?
Absolutely! I think they’re best if you freeze them unbaked, but you can also freeze them after you bake them if you prefer.
To freeze them unbaked, just follow all the directions above, but instead of baking them, place the cookie sheet lined with unbaked cookies in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Once they’re frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag until you’re ready to use them.
On the day you want to bake them, pull out as many as you need and set on a cookie sheet for about 30 minutes. Then bake as normal.
If you want to freeze them after they’re cooked, just place the cooled cookies in a freezer bag. When you want to eat one, remove from the bag and set out for about 30 minutes before you eat it.
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2.5 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large stand mixer, cream butter and peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to butter mixture and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Cream at a low speed just until everything is combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disc and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place about 2 mini marshmallows and about 10 chocolate chips in the center of each cookie. Then roll up the sides to close up all the fillings and roll until smooth.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Let finish cooking on the cookie sheet and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Be sure to PIN THIS RECIPE so you can save it!