Last updated on April 20th, 2023
This no-bake strawberry pie recipe uses fresh strawberries for a pie filling that is easy AND delicious! An easy no-bake summer dessert that will have everyone asking for the recipe!
Just like my favorite Lemon Icebox Pie , this strawberry pie has a smooth strawberry filling inside a homemade graham cracker crust that will leave you wanting more! It’s one of my favorite dessert recipes because it can be made ahead of time and has never failed me!
Homemade Strawberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
This recipe starts with my favorite, easy homemade strawberry pie with graham cracker crust recipes. You can definitely use a store-bought crust if you’re pressed for time, but they really aren’t as tasty. A homemade crust is also much thicker and holds up better to the weight of the strawberries.
I always make my graham cracker crust first, so it was time to refrigerate while I’m preparing the strawberry pie filling. The crust starts with melted butter, so if you let it refrigerate for 30 minutes or so, that gives it time to firm back up again.
To make a homemade graham cracker crust, melt 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a medium-sized bowl. Then add 1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup of sugar. Stir it all together well and then press into an 8″ or 9″ pie plate. Be sure to press it evenly all up the sides and along the bottom of the pie dish. Then pop that crust in the fridge for a little bit.
Simple Strawberry Pie Recipe
While the graham cracker crust is refrigerating, it’s time to make the simple strawberry pie filling! A lot of strawberry pies have gelatin mixture in them, but this one is a little bit different, and after some experimenting, I like it a whole lot more!
You start with a quart of sweet strawberries. Remove all the greens and leave about half of the strawberries in the quart container.
Put the remaining strawberries in a medium saucepan with 1 cup of white sugar. Bring it to a boil while stirring pretty frequently. You can smash the berries up some as you’re stirring to create a strawberry puree.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix 3/4 cup cold water with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch. Make sure you stir it until it’s completely smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Gradually pour a mixture of cornstarch into the strawberry puree.
Reduce the heat and simmer until it’s completely thickened and berries are smashed completely. This will probably take about a couple of minutes, and you’ll need to use your stirring spoon to smash the berries as you go. Once it’s thick, remove the pan from heat.
Take your pie crust out of the fridge and arrange the remaining whole berries in the crust.
Pour the strawberry pie filling mixture over the pile of strawberries. Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours before cutting.
Right before cutting, spread whipped cream or Cool Whip all over the top.
And here’s where I’m a bit of a blogger failure because I have no slices of this simple strawberry pie all served up! It disappeared too quickly for me to even grab a shot… which I’m pretty sure means I just have to make it again soon!
No Bake Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 1.5 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs 1/3
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 quart Strawberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cold water
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Pour into an 8" or 9" pie plate and press up against sides and bottom. Place in fridge for about 20-30 minutes while you make the pie filling.
Strawberry Pie Filling
- Cut the stems off all the strawberries and set aside about half or a little more.
- Place remaining strawberries in a saucepan with sugar and heat over medium heat until boiling. Stir frequently. Mash the strawberries as you're stirring.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch in cold water until no lumps remaining. Gradually add to saucepan and stir to combine. Reduce heat and stir constantly until mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Place the whole strawberries that were set aside in the graham cracker crust. Pour strawberry pie filling over the strawberries. Chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- Right before serving, spread cool whip or whipped topping over the top of the pie.
In conclusion, this no bake strawberry pie with graham cracker crust is the perfect summer dessert. It is easy to make, and only requires a few ingredients. The no-bake strawberry pie graham cracker crust is also versatile, and can be made with any type of fruit. So, whether you are looking for a quick and easy dessert, or something to impress your guests, this pie is sure to please.