Last updated on February 14th, 2023
Delicious buffalo cauliflower bites recipe that are baked in the oven and drizzled with bleu cheese dressing. Cauliflower buffalo “wings” are the perfect party appetizer that will have everyone asking for the recipe!
Since trying to eat more low carb lately, I’ve been looking for ways to introduce cauliflower more to our daily menus. I actually love cauliflower, but it just wasn’t something I made a lot for some reason!
But I’ve seen lots of recipes for buffalo cauliflower wings and I wanted to try my hand at creating my own version to get my boys eating more veggies too. And it worked! They gobbled these up and my son asked if I could make more.
Which is literally no problem because they’re so easy to make! Only 6 simple ingredients and most of them are pantry staples (at least in our house).
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
I’ve made these a couple of times now and tried with fresh cauliflower and frozen cauliflower. I much, much preferred the fresh cauliflower. The frozen cauliflower just does not get crispy the way I like it.
Starting with a head of cauliflower, cut off each floret. The small florets I left whole and the large ones I cut into bite-sized pieces. It’s really up to your personal preference. You might just have to keep an eye on them while they’re cooking depending on how large or small you cut them.
Once that’s all mixed together, add the cauliflower pieces to the bowl of buffalo sauce mixture and carefully toss until they’re all evenly coated.
Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Cauliflower has a tendency to stick and this just makes it easier to turn the pieces halfway through cooking time.
Spread your buffalo-coated cauliflower bites all over your prepared baking sheet. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs all over the top of the cauliflower bites. Do not stir. Just sprinkle those crumbs over the cauliflower and then pop in a 450 degree, pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip pieces over. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup of Panko crumbs and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
This is where you’ll want to watch the time depending on how large or small you cut your cauliflower florets. I would say the time could go anywhere from about 18-30 minutes. Mine was pretty average size and 20 minutes total was perfect for the way we like them.
After I removed them from the oven, I drizzled them with blue cheese dressing. You could also just pour some dressing into a small bowl for dipping.
Tips to Making Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- The panko bread crumbs give the finished bites a nice crunch. They are not necessary, though, so don’t worry too much if you don’t have them. Just substitute with regular bread crumbs or leave them off completely.
- If you’re looking for a low-carb or keto buffalo cauliflower recipe, then definitely leave the panko mixture off! If you feel like you’re going to miss that crunch, substitute with crushed Moon Cheese. It’s the same ingredient I use in my buffalo chicken bites. They give it a nice crunch and they’re zero carbs!
- You can use bleu cheese or ranch dressing to dip them in.
- For buffalo sauce, I use Frank’s Red hot. Feel free to use whatever you’re preferred buffalo sauce is, though. If you don’t like food too spicy, only use 1/3 cup. You’ll still get the buffalo flavor but it won’t be so over-powering.
Is buffalo cauliflower healthier than chicken?
Buffalo cauliflower bites are a great alternative to traditional buffalo chicken wings. They are lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than chicken wings, making them a healthier option. Additionally, they are high in fiber and vitamins C and K. This makes them a nutritious snack or side dish that can be enjoyed guilt-free. Compared to chicken wings, buffalo cauliflower bites also contain fewer additives.
This Buffalo Cauliflower Bites recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious and more healthy option appetizer. The recipe is easy to follow, needs only basic ingredients and the end result is a tasty dish that everyone will love. So, cauliflower lover, why not give it a try this favorite appetizer?
Looking for more appetizers/snacks recipes
There are endless appetizer recipes out there, but sometimes you just need a quick and easy one that won’t require too much time or effort. That’s where these recipes come in handy. All of them are simple to make and can be put together in minutes, making them the perfect choice for when you don’t have a lot of time to spare.
- Campfire Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Corn Crack Dip Appetizer Recipe
- Easy Campfire Dip
- Easy Cheesy Campfire Nachos
- Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Easy Pesto Cheese Spread
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese and Bacon
- Our Favourite Guacamole
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with a cooking spray.
- Cut the florets off of the head of cauliflower. If you have large florets, cut them in half to make them all as even-sized as possible.
- In a large bowl, melt butter. Add buffalo sauce, olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add cauliflower florets to buffalo mixture and stir well until they are evenly coated. Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup Panko crumbs over cauliflower. Do not stir. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip pieces over. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Panko crumbs over florets and return to oven for another 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve hot with blue cheese dressing.