Last updated on January 30th, 2023
This jalapeno popper cheese ball is the perfect blend of creamy meets heat. Lots of cheese blends with the spicy jalapenos for the perfect party appetizer!
Don’t you want to just climb through the screen and start inhaling that delicious cheese ball right now?!
My goodness, it is so delicious! I wish you could taste it too.
Appetizers are always my weak spot, and it’s exactly because of recipes like this one. A creamy, cheesy base that pairs perfectly with the salty bacon and the spicy jalapenos.
It’s like the perfect blend of flavors, and I am here for it! Not to mention, it looks like a festive Christmas ball!
Ingredients to Make a Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Cream Cheese- Make sure it’s softened so it blends well with the other ingredients. I would use full-fat cream cheese for this recipe because it stays firmer which is what you want to keep its shape.
Sour Cream- You can substitute mayonnaise for the sour cream.
Cheddar Cheese– shredded
Bacon- I used real bacon bits but you can also use real, fried bacon that’s finely crumbled.
Jalapenos- I used canned jalapenos for the convenience factor. You can also use fresh jalapenos if you want, just make sure you wear gloves when you’re chopping them. If you don’t want your dip too hot, be sure to remove all the seeds and membranes from the inside of the jalapenos since that’s where the heat is. Or just be like me and use canned jalapenos.
Panko Bread Crumbs- The bread crumbs are used as the outside coating of the cheese ball. I use them straight from the canister. You can also lightly toast them with a pat of butter in a frying pan to crisp them up even more if you want. That also gives them a nice golden color.
Directions to Make a Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Mix it all up really well until all the ingredients are well distributed.
Then place a large piece of plastic wrap on your work surface. In a pile, dump all the cream cheese mixture into the center of the plastic wrap. Bring the sides of plastic wrap up and around and form it into a ball as you go.
It won’t look great at first. but just keep forming it into that ball as you wrap the plastic wrap around it and eventually you’ll get there. Promise!
Then pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours so it can firm up.
Once it’s firm and staying in the ball shape, it’s time to coat it.
In a small dish, combine the panko bread crumbs, more bacon pieces, and fresh parsley.
Mix that up really well and then place the unwrapped cheese ball in it. Turn the cheeseball over in the coating until the whole thing is coated. As you start getting the coating on, it will become easier.
Serve it with crackers or cut veggies and enjoy!
Tips for Making Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- You can easily make this ahead of time up to five days in advance. Just make the cheese ball up until the point where you put it in the fridge to firm up. It will last in the fridge for 4-5 days that way. A few hours before you’re ready to serve it, then add the crumb coating.
- You can also make this ahead of time and freeze it! Just wrap it really well while it’s just the ball of cream cheese mixture. Then place the wrapped ball in a freezer bag and it will keep for up to 6 months. Thaw it in the fridge the night before you want to serve it. Again, only do the step with the crumb topping a few hours before you serve it otherwise the panko bread crumbs will get soggy and no one wants that.
- If you really like a lot of heat, you can also add fresh, chopped jalapeno pieces to the crumb coating mixture.
This Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for any party! It is easy to make and sure to be a hit with your guests. Get started on this delicious appetizer recipes today!
Looking for more appetizers or snacks recipes
Do you have a favorite appetizer that you love to snack on? If so, we have a delicious collection of snack recipes for you to try. You’ll find everything from easy appetizers to more complex options that will leave your taste buds tantalized. So gather some friends and get started! Check out these recipes!
- Easiest Baked Brie Recipe
- Easy Campfire Dip
- Easy Cheesy Campfire Nachos
- Easy Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Easy Pesto Cheese Spread
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese and Bacon
- Our Favourite Guacamole
- Gingerbread Spiced Walnuts
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Real Bacon Bits
- 1/3 cup Canned Jalapenos diced
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 3 Tbsp. Real Bacon Bits
- In a large bowl, mix all dip ingredients together well.
- Place mixture in the center of a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic wrap around the cream cheese mixture and form it into a ball. Refrigerate for a couple hours until it is firm.
- In a flat container, mix topping ingredients.
- Roll the chilled cheese ball in the toppings until it is completely coated.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!