Last updated on August 1st, 2022
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken is an easy chicken breast recipe that will quickly become a family favorite! With less than 5 ingredients, this is an easy chicken recipe that’s packed with flavor!
My personal mantra is that there is no such thing as too many simple chicken recipes. From Chicken Cobb Salad to Pesto Caprese Baked Chicken, collecting easy chicken dinner recipes has become a favorite past time.
This recipe for Melt in Your Mouth Chicken is one that has stood the test of time and always comes out shining. My mom used to make it when I was younger, because it requires so few ingredients. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight when all you have time for is a fast dinner with minimal prep!
Simple Chicken Breast Recipe
There are two things I love about MIYM Chicken:
- How few ingredients you need to make it! The basic recipe is 5 ingredients or less!
- How easy it is to customize the recipe based on what you have on-hand. Aside from the chicken, every other ingredient has easy substitutions!
Chicken: You can cut your chicken into strips, thin fillets, or keep them as thick chicken breasts. You can also use bone-in chicken breasts if that’s what’s available. I’ve even heard of Melt in Your Mouth Pork, but that’s a recipe for another day.
Mayo: I highly prefer Hellmann’s mayo, but if you’re a Miracle Whip family just know it will be a little sweeter. You can also swap Greek yogurt for the mayo for a healthier option. Sour cream works well too, and I’ll often use this as a mayo substitute.
Spices: Salt and pepper are the basics that I pretty much always season my chicken breasts with, but you can have fun with this step and really jazz up those recipes! Some of our common additions are garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Old Bay, lemon pepper, and Italian seasoning.
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Chicken
This is where you’ll start to understand why this is one of our favorite weeknight meals to cook after work! It is such a fast meal to pull together and a great starter recipe to get your kids in the kitchen!
Take 3 chicken breasts and cut them in half so you have 6 thin chicken breasts. Place the chicken breasts in a greased 13×9 pan.
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cheese, and spices. Spread evenly over your chicken breasts then bake at 375 degrees until done. How long you bake your chicken breasts really depends on the thickness of them. Just make sure your cooked chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. I cook mine for about 40-45 minutes.
What to Serve with Chicken Recipes
Chicken is so versatile that nearly anything goes with it, but these are some of our favorite side dishes:
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan and set aside
- Cut each chicken breast in half so you end up with 6 thin chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parmesan, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay each chicken breast in the prepared pan and spread the mayonnaise mixture over each one to cover.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The actual time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breast.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!