Banana Oatmeal Bread is a hearty and filling twist on the classic bread! A delicious addition to brunch or for snacking on!
This delicious quick bread is so filling and packed with flavor. It almost takes like a soft oatmeal cookie or bar.
It’s soft and delicate and tastes amazing toasted with some melted butter smeared on. With the addition of oatmeal, it’s also very filling so a little goes a long way!
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Bread
- butter, softened
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- bananas, mashed
You really do need to use a stand mixer for this recipe or you’ll be standing there forever trying to stir it together.
Start by adding the softened butter and eggs to the bowl and cream together. Then add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
This is the step that you really will appreciate the stand mixer doing all the work. Make sure you mix it for longer than you think, you want it really light and fluffy.
Next in a small bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Stir them together until well combined.
In another small bowl, add the mashed bananas and the milk together.
Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend on low just until combined.
Then add 1/3 of the banana/milk mixture and combine.
Continue alternating as you add them until they’re all combined and no streaks of flour remain.
Then pour into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes or until it tests done.
The top might look too well done, but that’s just the way this type of oatmeal bread cooks.
Once you cut into the inside of the bread, it is tender and moist and you will fall in love!
This bread freezes well too! Just let cool completely and then wrap well in plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag.
You can freeze for up to 3 months and then enjoy later!
Banana Oatmeal Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar and cream until well blended. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, oats, baking soda and salt. stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, add milk and mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend until just combined. Stir in 1/3 of the banana mixture. Keep alternating until all ingredients are added and there are no flour streaks left.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes until it tests done with a toothpick.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!