Published: 08/26/2020 | Updated: 01/17/2024
Tart cranberries are mixed with slivered almonds for this Cranberry Almond Baked Oatmeal. It’s so delicious it almost tastes like you’re eating dessert!
People seem to have a tendency to look up recipes for dinners, desserts, side dishes, etc. But when it comes to breakfast, most people just grab cereal, bagels or something else that’s convenient.
I get it! Who wants to get up early and have to create an entire recipe just for everybody to be rushing around to get out the door?? Not me!
But you can still have a homemade and warm breakfast without having to prep it that morning.
Baked Oatmeal is so easy to prep the night before and just put in the fridge the night before you want to bake it.
And if even that is too much for you (you know, since you’d still have to put it in the oven about 40 minutes before you want it), then you can actually bake it ahead of time and just reheat it in the morning.
I really don’t think it loses any quality at all by reheating it the next day… or even a couple of days later!
It’s just such a versatile and fuss-free dish, that it’s in a regular rotation at our house!
How to Make Cranberry Almond Baked Oatmeal
This version is a little different from other baked oatmeal variations I’ve shown you. This is the only one that has a topping. It’s a quick little additional step that elevates it a couple of notches.
The cinnamon-sugar topping almost caramelizes on the surface and adds the perfect amount of sweetness. It’s my favorite part of this recipe!
Ingredients for Cranberry Almond Baked Oatmeal:
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- dried cranberries
- slivered almonds
- granulated sugar
In a large bowl, add the butter and melt in the microwave. Then add the brown sugar and eggs and mix together really well.
Next add in the baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and combine. Stir in the milk and oats until everything is really well combined.
Add the dried cranberries and slivered almonds and fold them into the oatmeal mixture. Pour your batter into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining slivered almonds, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
Mix well and then spread evenly over the top of your baked oatmeal.
Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes or until it’s set in the middle.
The best way to enjoy baked oatmeal is warm with a little bit of milk poured over it. You can certainly eat it plain (and this version with the almond crunch topping is good enough too), but try it with a little milk in a bowl and see how you like it! I just mash it up a little with my spoon to help the oatmeal soak up the milk.
Be sure to store any leftovers in the fridge. It will last in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
You can also freeze individual portions if you aren’t able to eat them all at once.
Baked Oatmeal is great because you can easily double the recipe or even halve it and it will still turn out great!
In conclusion, cranberry almond-baked oatmeal is a healthy breakfast that can be enjoyed on any day of the week. It is easy to make and can be tailored to fit any dietary need or preference. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!
Looking for more breakfast recipes
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes, here are plenty of delicious recipes to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something hearty or something more delicate, there’s a recipe for you! Here are some delicious breakfast recipes to get you started.
- Blueberry Upside Down Quick Bread Recipe
- Keto Breakfast Casserole with Ham and Eggs
- Easy Pear Bread Recipe
- Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Roll Braid
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Banana Bread with Buttermilk
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits
Cranberry Almond Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs large
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1.5 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 tsp. Cinnamon divided
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups Oats regular or quick oats
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Sliced Almonds divided
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3 quart or a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter and melt in the microwave. Then add brown sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add baking powder, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Stir in milk and oats until well combined. Fold in dried cranberries and 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir well. Add in remaining 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until center is set. Eat warm with milk poured over the individual serving.
In conclusion, this Cranberry Almond Oatmeal is a great way to start your day. It is healthy, filling, and has a great flavor. This oatmeal is also very versatile and can be made ahead of time, which makes it perfect for busy mornings.