Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits will be your new favorite breakfast recipe! A fluffy buttermilk biscuit filled with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and melted cheese, these breakfast sandwiches are freezer friendly too!
Let me very clear about one thing here…
WE ARE NOT MORNING PEOPLE!!
I mean at all, in any way.
We don’t like waking up early, we don’t start functioning right away even when we do wake up and we get even grumpier if we don’t eat right away.
So anything I can do to streamline the morning process and get us fed quicker is a winner in my book.
These bacon, egg and cheese biscuits are perfect because they can be made ahead of time and taste just as great. I always make a huge batch because they’re completely freezer-friendly too.
How to Make Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
Pretty much every step of this is customizable to make it your preferred method. Don’t overthink this… this is supposed to make life easier for you, so make the prep easy too!
Biscuits- You can use frozen Pillsbury biscuits, refrigerated biscuits from a can or make your own homemade buttermilk biscuits! This recipe for Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen is one of my favorites!
Eggs- I like a really fluffy, scrambled egg for my breakfast sandwiches. I whisk up some eggs with a little milk, salt and pepper and gently scramble them. Sometimes I get wild and throw some Everything But the Bagel Seasoning in there. You can also use fried eggs if that’s your preference.
Bacon- I fry my bacon in a frying pan but you can also bake it in a 400 degree oven for about 13-17 minutes or so (just keep an eye on it until it’s crispy, the actual time will depend on the thickness of your bacon).
Cheese- Whatever your heart desires. Who am I to tell you what cheese to use?? I have a daughter who prefers American cheese which breaks my heart a little but I even allow that! I highly prefer a really sharp Cheddar chees on mine.
How to Assemble Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Slice biscuits open.
- Place toppings: bacon, eggs and cheese.
- Place top biscuit back on and enjoy!
How to Freeze Breakfast Sandwiches:
- I wrap each sandwich individually in freezer paper or wax paper.
- Then place each wrapped sandwich in a freezer bag.
- To eat, I always try to pull one out of the freezer the night before I want to have it for breakfast. I place it in the fridge the night before. The next morning, I remove the freezer paper, wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes until heated through.
- If you forget to move it to the fridge the night before, you can still enjoy it straight from the freezer. Remove the freezer wrap and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. In your microwave, use the thaw setting for one minute. Then reheat for 1 minute or until heated through.
Each microwave is a little different so just test your microwave on that first sandwich and then write the reheating directions right on the freezer bag for everyone to follow after that!
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
- 12 Biscuits
- 12 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 dozen Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Bacon
- In a frying pan, cook bacon until just crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add to large frying pan over medium heat and gently scramble until done.
- Cut biscuits in half and place a slice of cheese on the bottom half of each biscuit. Top with scrambled egg and a slice of bacon (broken in half). Add the top of the biscuit.
- Eat immediately or wrap individually in freezer paper if freezing for later.