Last updated on February 9th, 2023
Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits will be your new favorite breakfast recipe! A fluffy buttermilk biscuit filled with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and melted cheese, these breakfast sandwiches are freezer friendly too!
Let me very clear about one thing here… WE ARE NOT MORNING PEOPLE!!
I mean at all, in any way.
We don’t like waking up early, we don’t start functioning right away even when we do wake up, and we get even grumpier if we don’t eat right away.
So anything I can do to streamline the morning process and get us fed quicker is a winner in my book.
This bacon, egg & cheese biscuit is perfect because it can be made ahead of time and taste just as great. I always make a huge batch because they’re completely freezer-friendly too. A hearty breakfast sandwich to keep you on the go!
Biscuits eggs bacon are a traditional southern breakfast. The biscuits are soft and fluffy, the eggs are cooked to your preference, and the bacon is crispy. This breakfast is hearty and satisfying.
How to Make Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
Pretty much every step of this is customizable to make it your preferred method. Don’t overthink this… this is supposed to make life easier for you, so make the prep easy too!
Biscuits- You can use frozen Pillsbury biscuits, refrigerated canned biscuits, or you can even use homemade biscuits! This recipe for Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen is one of my favorites!
Eggs- I like a really fluffy, scrambled egg for my breakfast sandwiches. I whisk up some eggs with a little milk, salt, and black pepper and gently scramble them. Sometimes I get wild and throw some Everything But the Bagel Seasoning in the egg mixture. You can also use fried eggs if that’s your preference.
Bacon- I fry my bacon in a frying pan, but you can also bake it in a 400-degree oven for about 10-15 minutes or so (just keep an eye on it until it’s crispy, the actual time will depend on the thickness of your slices of bacon. You could also use Canadian bacon if you like.
Cheese- Whatever your heart desires. Who am I to tell you what cheese to use?? I have a daughter who prefers American cheese, which breaks my heart a little, but I even allow that! I highly prefer a really sharp Cheddar cheese on mine.
How to Assemble Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Slice biscuits open.
- Place toppings: bacon, eggs and cheese.
- Place top biscuit back on and enjoy!
How to Freeze Breakfast Sandwiches:
- I wrap each sandwich individually in freezer paper or wax paper.
- Then place each wrapped sandwich in a freezer bag.
- To eat, I always try to pull one out of the freezer the night before I want to have it for breakfast. I place it in the fridge the night before. The next morning, I remove the freezer paper, wrap it in a paper towel, and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes until heated through.
- If you forget to move it to the fridge the night before, you can still enjoy it straight from the freezer. Remove the freezer wrap and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. In your microwave, use the thaw setting for one minute. Then reheat for 1 minute or until heated through. Each microwave is a little different so just test your microwave on that first sandwich and then write the reheating directions right on the freezer bag for everyone to follow after that!
Looking for more breakfast recipes
Looking for more breakfast recipes? We’ve got you covered! Here are some delicious and nutritious breakfast recipes to start your day off right.
- Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
- Monkey Bread with Refrigerated Biscuits
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Sausage Cheese Strata
- English Muffin Bread
- Pear Crumb Muffins
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Roll Braid
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwiches
- In a frying pan, cook bacon until just crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add to large frying pan over medium heat and gently scramble until done.
- Cut biscuits in half and place a slice of cheese on the bottom half of each biscuit. Top with scrambled egg and a slice of bacon (broken in half). Add the top of the biscuit.
- Eat immediately or wrap individually in freezer paper if freezing for later.
In conclusion, bacon egg and biscuits are the perfect breakfast biscuits sandwich or snack food. These bacon egg biscuits are easy to make and can be customized to your liking. So next time you are in the mood for something savory, give these a try!