Made with a tube of refrigerated biscuits, this monkey bread is as easy as it is delicious!
There’s nothing quite worth waking up for like a warm loaf of caramel monkey bread! Your whole house fills with the smell and once you get the chance to eat it, it’s even better than you could have imagined.
Growing up, homemade monkey bread was a treat that only happened occasionally (probably a good thing looking back!). My mom would make it with frozen bread dough that she thawed and cut off into little pieces.
I take the easier route and use refrigerated biscuit dough. This way you can enjoy it immediately, and I promise it tastes just as good!
Monkey Bread with Refrigerated Biscuits Recipe
This recipe uses 2 cans (12 ounces each) of refrigerated biscuits. Using kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
In a large resealable bag, add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Seal that bag and toss it around a little to mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
Then add the biscuit pieces to the bag, reseal and toss to coat very well. Then spread all the coated biscuit pieces into the greased pan.
In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Once it is completely melted and syrupy, pour over the biscuits in the pan.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Once it’s done cooking, let it sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then put a serving plate over the top and flip it over.
Remove the pan and you’ll be left with the most glorious breakfast treat around!
The caramel sauce does get very hot so make sure it’s cooled enough to eat it so you don’t burn yourself.
Tips to Making Monkey Bread
- You can really use any type of the large refrigerated biscuits that you have available. I’ve used buttermilk, reduced fat, flaky layers, etc. They’ve all worked well and I’ve enjoyed every bite.
- If you have extra cinnamon sugar mixture left in your bag, you can sprinkle it over the biscuit pieces.
- Feel free to add raisins or chopped nuts if you enjoy them.
- Do NOT use a tube pan for this recipe! A tube pan is two separate pieces and your caramel sauce will run out the bottom while it’s cooking and make a giant mess in your oven. You also run the risk of burning yourself when you’re trying to flip it out of the pan since the pan separates.
- Be sure to remove the monkey bread from the pan after 5-10 minutes. If you wait too long, the caramel starts hardening and it will be difficult to remove.
- If you do not have a bundt pan, you can separate the biscuits and caramel sauce into two greased loaf pans. The cooking time is the same.
Monkey Bread with Refrigerated Biscuits
- 2 12 oz cans Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- In a resealable bag, add sugar and cinnamon. Toss to mix. Add biscuit pieces to bag, seal and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread biscuit pieces in greased pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add brown sugar and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. Microwave another 30 seconds and stir. Continue until it is melted and a syrup consistency. Pour evenly over biscuits in pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit in pan for 5-10 minutes and then invert onto a serving plate.
- The nutritional information does not include the refrigerated biscuits.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!