Last updated on September 7th, 2022
Cheeseburger French Bread is the ultimate game day food! A loaf of bread is stuffed with your favorite cheeseburger toppings for a filling and easy party food!
We’re huge college football fans in our house so I’m always on the look-out for food to serve during the games.
The winners always seem to have a few things in common:
- minimal prep
- filling (so I don’t have to make too much else!)
- not too fancy (my crowd likes hearty and filling not fancy and elaborate)
- delicious, of course!
This Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread fits the bill on all counts!
It’s even easier to make than regular cheeseburgers and looks impressive too!
Stuffed French Bread
If you’ve never made a stuffed French bread before, you’re going to be hooked! It’s so easy and so nice to have your whole meal in one dish like this!
I start by cutting off the very top of the loaf. I don’t go down very far, just cut off the flat part of the top of the bread.
Then, scoop out the center of the leaving about a 1″ border all the way around and on the bottom of the loaf. You want to be sure to leave some of the bread, because you want that taste to go along with the cheeseburger filling. But also because it just makes the slices easier to handle. If you scoop out too much, your slices will fall apart more easily.
Be sure to save all the bread you scoop out, though! That stuff is gold!
You can cut it into cubes for a dip you make or you can freeze it to use as bread crumbs later.
But for this recipe, just set your loaf of bread aside for a minute at this point.
In a large skillet, heat about 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and cook a chopped onion for about 5 minutes. Then, add your ground beef and continue cooking until the beef is no longer pink. Drain your fat (my least favorite part!).
Now it’s time to really make this taste like a cheeseburger! I add the following, but you can really add whatever your favorite cheeseburger fillings are:
Mix it right in with your ground beef in the frying pan and stir for another minute or two until it’s all incorporated.
Then scoop it right into the center of your hollowed-out loaf of bread. Fill that baby up.
Top with shredded cheese. Be generous!
Then bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.
While it’s baking, I make an avocado mayonnaise sauce to drizzle over the top. Not only are avocados and mayonnaise practically required when I make a cheeseburger, but it makes this stuffed cheeseburger loaf look amazing!
Spoon it into a Ziploc baggie and then snip off a corner to squeeze over the top of your cheeseburger bread.
And I completely forgot to mention that before I drizzle that sauce on, I sprinkle chopped tomatoes over the top too!
Let it sit for a minute or two and then cut into slices and serve warm.
It’s yummy and a hit everywhere I’ve taken it!
More Delicious Game Day Recipes!
- Chipped Beef Dip
- Bacon Corn Dip
- BBQ Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
- Fried Mushrooms
- Shrimp and Avocado French Bread
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Tomato
Cheeseburger French Bread
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place loaf of French bread on a cookie sheet and cut the very top off the loaf of bread. Scoop out the center of the bread leaving about a 1" border on all sides and on the bottom.
- Fill the center of the loaf with the ground beef mixture. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped tomato.
- In a small food processor, combine mayonnaise and avocado half. Pulse until smooth. Spoon into small ziploc baggie and snip off one of the corners. Drizzle over loaf of bread.
In conclusion, this cheeseburger French bread is a fantastic and easy way to enjoy a classic burger without all the mess. Give it a try for yourself and see how you like it! Also, you can try hamburger on french bread at home.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!