Last updated on April 20th, 2023
This homemade rapid rise pizza dough is ready in 20 minutes and can be used for pizzas, breadsticks and more!
There is nothing quite like the smell of homemade pizza dough baking in the oven. The combination of yeast, flour, and olive oil creates a delicious aroma that fills the house and makes your mouth water. Homemade pizza dough is also a lot cheaper than store-bought dough, and it’s easy to make. In just a few simple steps, you can have a batch of dough ready to go in the oven.
Delicious Pizza dough made from scratch is easier than you think with rapid rise yeast. You can mix it up and let it quickly rise and be ready to roll it out in about 25 minutes.
It’s fast, easy, and can be used for so many different recipes.
Plus, it just tastes amazing! Unlike store-bought pizza dough shells, when you make your own, you can control how thick or thin you roll it.
I love it really thick and doughy with lots of crust for me to save for last. A total carbs girl over here! My husband prefers a very thin crust pizza.
By making my own yeast pizza dough, I can make sure we’re both happy!
How to Make Rapid Rise Pizza Dough from Scratch
Then stir in very warm water and vegetable oil.
Keep stirring, adding extra flour about another 1/2 cup until it makes a soft dough.
Lightly add a bit of flour to your work surface and turn the dough out onto it. I like to lightly flour my hands as well so the dough doesn’t stick to it.
Keep kneading the dough, turning it over, and continuing to knead for about 4-6 minutes until it’s really smooth and elastic. You can keep adding small amounts of flour if you need to get it to this point.
Form it into a pizza dough ball and then cover it with a clean kitchen towel. And place the ball of dough in a warm place to let it rise.
I usually place it on a back burner and let it rise for about 10-15 minutes before I use it.
If you’re using it for favorite pizza recipes, sprinkle your pan with cornmeal first and then roll out into a circle for the size of pizza you want.
Tips to Making Pizza Dough:
- You can make this whole wheat pizza dough by replacing half of the all-purpose flour with wheat flour.
- You can use this for other recipes, not just pizza! Use this dough for breadsticks, stromboli, calzones and more!
- If you do not have a pizza pan, you can spread this out on a cookie sheet or even in a 13×9 pan.
- You can use the bread hook on your stand mixer to knead it so you don’t need to knead it by hand.
- You can freeze this fresh dough too, so that you can use it for later. Just let it come to a complete rise and then freeze it for up to 3 months. Let the frozen pizza dough thaw overnight in the fridge before using it.
Can I flavor my Pizza Dough?
Pizza dough is an essential part of making a delicious pizza, but it can be a bit bland on its own. To give your pizza dough some extra flavor, you can add some spices and herbs to the mix. A great way to do this is by adding a ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder and some dried basil leaves or oregano. This will give your pizza dough a subtle flavor that will really enhance the overall taste of your pizza. You can also experiment with other spices such as onion powder, red pepper flakes, or even Italian seasoning for an extra kick.
Creating homemade dough takes a bit of care, but it is not difficult.This homemade pizza dough recipe is a versatile and easy-to-make that can be customized to fit anyone’s taste. With just a few basic ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have the perfect pizza for your next party or family gathering. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your own delicious pizza dough today!
Looking for more Dinner/Lunch recipes
If you’re looking for some new dinner or lunch recipes to try, here are a few simple recipes to get you started. These dishes can be made ahead of time and served cold or at room temperature, perfect for a quick and easy weekday meal.
- Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Cheeseburger French Bread
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Marry Me Chicken
- Pesto Chicken Roll-ups
- Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
- Pesto Caprese Baked Chicken
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2.5 cups Flour divided
- 1 packet RapidRise Yeast
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Very Warm Water
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of flour, yeast and salt. Stir together.
- Add the very warm water and vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Continue stirring, adding the extra 1/2 cup of flour as needed until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly flour your work surface and hands, then turn dough onto work surface. Knead for about 4-6 minutes, adding small amounts of flour if needed, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Form into a ball, cover with a dish towel and place in a warm place to rise for 10-15 minutes before using.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!