Published: 02/12/2019 | Updated: 02/07/2024
These savory Pizza Pancakes are the perfect easy recipe for a family dinner! Packed with pepperoni, cheese, veggies and other pizza toppings, they make a great party appetizer.
These little savory pancakes are the perfect recipe because they’re multi-functional!
- They would make a great, filling breakfast to get your kids through their school morning until lunchtime.
- They’re also great to keep in the fridge for a quick lunch that just needs to be reheated.
- Need an after school snack? Have your kid grab one of these instead of something full of sugar.
- Serve with a side salad and pizza sauce to dip in and you have a family dinner that everyone will love.
- You can even make these as mini pizza pancakes and serve them at a brunch or party as an appetizer!
And I’m pretty sure my family ate these for every one of those suggestions except for the party appetizer, and that’s only because we didn’t have anything scheduled! They loved them, and I loved how easy and cheap they were to make!
Ingredients to make pizza pancakes:
- Italian seasoning
- green pepper
How to Make Savory Pizza Pancakes
I started by chopping up my add-ins. For us, this means dicing up a green pepper, chopping tomatoes, and cutting pepperoni in quarters. You really can use whatever add-ins your family likes best, though.
Some other ideas would be onions, green onions, black olives, red or yellow peppers, cheddar cheese, and anything else you like to put on a traditional pizza!
Once I had all the toppings cut up, I added them to a medium mixing bowl and stirred to combine them well.
In a large bowl, add 2 cups of Bisquick and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. I used a homemade Bisquick mix that I keep stored in the fridge. You can also just use boxed Bisquick that you buy at the store.
Combine the Bisquick and Italian seasoning and then set aside. In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk with a whisk. Stir the egg mixture into the dry mix. You just want to stir it in until it’s just combined. If you over stir it, you’ll end up with flat, dense pancakes. Then fold all of your toppings into the batter.
The only way I have made pancakes for the last 15 years or so is on an electric griddle. It is SO much faster than standing over a skillet where you can only make 3 or so at a time. I can easily fit 8 full-size pancakes on my griddle and they cook so nice and evenly.
It is non-stick, so you don’t need to add anything additional to get your pancakes to flip nicely. I choose to add a couple of pats of butter because it gets a nice golden color then. Totally not necessary, but I’m convinced it tastes better if you add 1-2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt before you add your batter.
For full-size pancakes, I used about 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
For bite-size appetizers, I used about 1 tablespoon per pancake.
You want to cook them over medium heat until they’re golden brown, then flip and continue cooking on the other side.
You can either serve these immediately with a warm pizza sauce to dip in or save for later. If you’re saving them for later, let them cool and then refrigerate so your kids can grab them as they’re hungry during the week.
Like traditional pancakes, they freeze beautifully! Just lay them out in a single layer on a baking sheet to flash freeze for about 30 minutes. Once they’re frozen, you can transfer them to a gallon freezer bag and pull them out as needed.
The small appetizers are a great appetizer to keep on-hand in case you get a sudden crowd of teenagers at your house! Errr… is that just my house where that seems to happen frequently??
Looking for more dinner/lunch recipes
Looking for a delicious and easy dinner or lunch recipe? You’re in luck because we’ve got you covered!. With quick and easy recipes, you can easily prepare a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Honey Mustard Ham and Swiss Handwiches
- BBQ Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
- Open-faced Tuna Melts
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Tomato
- Pork BBQ Sandwich
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Sweet Chili Chicken
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tsps. Italian Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 3/4 cup Pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup Green Pepper diced
- In a large mixing bowl, add Bisquick and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes and green pepper. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Preheat an electric griddle to medium heat. Grease lightly. Add the batter by 1/4 cup to the preheated griddle. Cook until pancakes begin to bubble and are golden brown on the bottom. Flip and continue cooking the other side.
- Serve hot with pizza sauce to dip.
In conclusion, breakfast pizza pancake is a great way to start your day. It is packed with nutrients and has a great taste. It is also very easy to make. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!