Published: 01/26/2022 | Updated: 01/08/2024
Grilled cheese is another of my comfort food favorites and although many don’t think of serving it as an appetizer, it is a real crowd-pleaser. The trick is to grill them ahead of time and then pop them in the oven to warm just before guests arrive.
Cook up some bacon. Everyone seems to have their preferred method of cooking bacon, so I’m not going to tell you how you should do this. Go with what works for you.
Cut a baguette into slices about 1/2 an inch thick. Butter one side and lay it butter-side-down in a skillet at medium-low heat. I find that one of the secrets of a good grilled cheese is to keep the temperature on your pan fairly low.
On top of the bread, layer a slice of brie or camembert cheese, then two half slices of the cooked bacon, then a slice of avocado, and another slice of cheese. Top this with another slice of baguette with the top side buttered.
Cook until this has browned and the cheese is melting, flip over and brown the other side. You don’t want to overcook these because you will be warming them up again later and you don’t want them to become dry. Cook up as many as you will need for your gathering and put on an oven-safe platter, covering with foil.
When your guests arrive, throw the tray into the oven to warm and serve. There’s really no way to go wrong with grilled cheese appetizers and these mini ones are just the right size served as an appetizer.
If you are looking for other grilled cheese recipes, you may be interested in following us on Pinterest.
Looking for more appetizers/snacks recipes
Appetizers are a great way to start your meal and provide a variety of flavors and textures. Here are some appetizer or snack recipes that will tantalize your taste buds!
- Simple Crab Dip
- Cheesy Bean Dip
- Nacho Bites
- Easy Reuben Pinwheels
- Salmon Sliders
- Simple Tomato Bruschetta
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls
- Spinach Artichoke Bruschetta
Mini Grilled Cheese Goodness
- baguette sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- brie or camembert cheese sliced - two for each sandwich
- bacon strips cooked - one for each sandwich
- avocado sliced
- Butter one side of each baguette slice.
- Place butter-side-down in skillet on medium-low heat.
- Layer on top one slice of cheese, two half slices of bacon, avocado, and another piece of cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread, butter-side-up.
- Cook until bread is golden and cheese is melting.
- Flip over and cook other side.
- Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and reheat in the oven before serving.
There you have it! All the steps for making mini grilled cheese goodness. With these simple steps and easy-to-find ingredients, you can bring this childhood favorite back into your life and share with friends and family: the perfect end to a delicious meal.