Peanut butter sprinkle cookies are a fun way to enjoy a delicious cookie while decorating it to the theme of your party or holiday!
Sometimes you just need to get out the sprinkles and have some fun with your food! It’s a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen too.
When my kids were younger, they were all about eating the delicious food that was coming out of the kitchen, but getting them to help make it was more of a chore.
But if I pulled out the sprinkles, they were guaranteed to be begging me to let them help! Not only are the colors fun, but getting to roll the balls of cookie dough until they’re covered is apparently a blast when you’re a little kid.
And I get it. I really do. There’s something about all those colors that I swear make everything taste better too!
These cookies are really just a simple peanut butter cookie dough, but instead of rolling them in sugar and then using a fork to flatten them, we roll them in sprinkles and leave them a ball shape on the cookie sheet. It helps them puff up and stay nice and soft inside.
These cookies are so much fun to coordinate to whatever you’re celebrating:
- red and green sprinkles for Christmas
- pastel colors for Easter
- pink or blue for a baby shower
- school colors for a graduation party
- or teach your kids colors as toddlers by telling them to roll in a specific color and helping guide them to the correct one. It’s a great sensory teaching activity!
More Peanut Butter Recipes to Try:
- Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Squares
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter Sprinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large stand mixer, cream butter and peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to butter mixture and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Cream at a low speed just until everything is combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll about 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball. Roll the cookie dough ball in sprinkles and then place on ungreased cookie sheet. Continue rolling until all of your dough is gone.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Let finish cooking on the cookie sheet and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!