Last updated on April 20th, 2023
The Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci is a popular dish on the restaurant’s menu. Additionally, it is one of the most delicious and famous pasta recipes you can cook at home. This recipe is bold in flavor and contains heavy cream and cheese to enhance the taste of the pasta. It includes chicken and mushrooms in a creamy Madeira wine sauce.
This article covers the recipe for Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci, including the ingredients and instructions. Moreover, you can also find swaps of different ingredients to lower the calories in the dish.
The Pasta Da Vinci Recipe
Pasta Da Vinci is Italian cuisine and one of the popular dishes of the main course. It takes 30 minutes to cook the pasta, excluding the 15 minutes of ingredient preparation. Moreover, the following amount of ingredients will serve six people.
One serving of Pasta Da Vinci includes 712 kcal. Following are the ingredients of Pasta Da Vinci and instructions to cook it like a professional. You can follow these instructions to cook pasta at home.
Basic ingredients of Pasta Da Vinci are as follows:
|Penne Pasta||One pound|
|Butter (Divided)||4 tablespoons|
|Chicken Breast Meat (Cut Into 1” Chunks)||One pound|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Red Onion Chopped||one|
|Shiitake Mushrooms Sliced||1 pound|
|Madeira Wine||1 cup|
|Chicken Broth||1 cup|
|Sour Cream||1/2 cup|
|Heavy Cream||1 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 cup|
Directions to Cook Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci
First, you have to prepare the ingredients for the famous Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci. To prepare ingredients, follow these instructions:
- Take three cups of water and boil it. Put the pasta in hot boiling water. Cook the pasta in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes, or you can follow the time instructions from the pasta box. When the pasta becomes slightly firm, drain it in a stainer.
- Cut the red onion into medium-diced pieces. Mince the garlic.
- You can make your own chicken broth or use a ready-made one from the store.
- Cut the chicken into small to medium pieces which are easy to bite.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt.
Cooking the Pasta
Now our ingredients are ready, it is time to cook the pasta.
- Take a medium-sized or large skillet pan and put one tablespoon of butter. You can replace it with a frying pan if you do not have a skillet.
- Put the pan on the stove from medium to high heat and leave the butter to melt.
- Fry the chicken on a pan for 5-6 minutes while stirring once in the middle.
- Cook the chicken until it’s not pink. Do not cook thoroughly, as you have to add it later. Cooking it thoroughly early on will make it hard and overcooked.
- Take the chicken off the pan and set it aside with the boiled penne pasta.
- Add one tablespoon of butter to the pan and melt it.
- Add your diced onions, minced garlic cloves and mushrooms to the heated pan and cook them for 5-7 minutes.
- You can cook all of these vegetables separately if you want them to cook at different levels. For this, you will cook mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, onions until caramelized, and garlic for one minute.
- Remove these vegetables from the pan and set them aside with the chicken and boiled pasta.
Making the Sauce
Now you will make the sauce for Pasta Da Vinci.
- Heat the pan from medium to low flame and add 1-2 tablespoons of butter. Melt the butter and add 1 tbsp flour to it. Stir it continuously with a rubber spatula, and don’t let the flour set on the ground of the pan.
- Add the wine and 1 cup of chicken broth to it. Stir it until there’s only ¾ of the liquid left.
- Add the sour cream, parmesan cheese, and heavy cream while stirring continuously with a rubber spatula.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, onions, and garlic and simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pasta and mix it gently until the pasta is over-coated.
- Season the pasta with additional pepper and salt according to your taste.
- Now, the Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci is ready. Serve it on a plate, add some parmesan cheese on top, and dig in!
Other Dishes to Serve With Pasta Da Vinci
You can serve the following dishes along with Pasta Da Vinci.
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad
- Dill Pickle Chopped Salad
- Crazy Bread
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
Nutritional Value of Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci
The above recipe of the famous Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci provides 712 kcal. It includes the following compounds:
This recipe requires Madeira wine which is quite expensive. Therefore, you can use dry sherry wine, dry port wine, or Marsala instead of Madeira wine.
Shiitake mushrooms are unique in flavor, and their replacement can change the flavor of Pasta Da Vinci. However, they are expensive and sometimes rare to find. Therefore, you can use crimini mushrooms. Cook them brown to get most of the taste, and add mushrooms to the chicken stock to enhance the flavor.
Moreover, to decrease the calories, use fat-free sour cream and use the half amount described in the recipe. In addition, you can also reduce the calories by using parmesan cheese only for garnishing instead of putting it in the pasta while cooking.
Making your own version of the Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci at home is a no-brainer. This recipe is a hit for both young and old. It is quite simple yet bold in flavor. You can follow the instructions and enjoy the flavorful Pasta Da Vinci on a friendly budget. You can impress your friends or family on your next dinner or potluck with this Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci recipe.