Last updated on September 27th, 2022
Spinach and artichoke crescent rolls combine everyone’s favorite dip with buttery, flaky crescent rolls! A delicious and easy appetizer that’s perfect for parties!
These crescent rolls filled with hot spinach artichoke dip are going to blow you away!
I first saw the recipe from Damn Delicious a couple years ago and knew I would fall in love with it! I changed a few things about it just from the way I know I make my spinach artichoke dip, but it’s the same general idea.
Either way, they are amazing and the perfect game day appetizer!
How to Make Crescent Roll Pinwheels
- marinated artichoke hearts
- frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- sour cream
- garlic powder
- shredded mozzarella
- grated parmesan
- crescent rolls
The first thing I want to reiterate is that your spinach has to be thawed and drained very well. I buy a box of frozen chopped spinach, unwrap it and set it in a colander to thaw. Once it’s thawed, actually pick up handfuls of the spinach at a time and squeeze all the water out. It holds a lot of moisture, and if you don’t remove it, it will leave your crescent roll dough too soggy.
For this recipe, I used 2 (6 oz.) jars of marinated artichoke hearts. I love the marinated ones and they’re pretty much the only ones I will buy. Drain the oil off and then coarsely chop them.
Then spread half of the dip mixture over the crescent rolls.
Carefully start rolling up from one of the long ends, being careful to try to keep all of the mixture inside the jellyroll.
Once you have it rolled up, use a sharp knife to cut the log into 8 pieces.
Then place the pieces into a lightly greased 13×9 pan.
Repeat with the second tube of crescent rolls and the remaining dip until you have 16 slices and your pan is filled.
Then bake at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. You want to be sure that the dough in the middle is fully cooked. If they start browning too fast, lightly cover the pan with foil while they continue to cook.
I mean, how gorgeous are they?? So buttery and flaky and then filled with that amazing spinach artichoke dip!
These disappear everywhere I take them!
They do make a large serving, though, so feel free to cut the recipe in half if you only need 8 servings. The cook time will remain the same.
These spinach and artichoke crescent rolls are a perfect appetizer for any party or get-together. They are easy to make and taste delicious. So be sure to give them a try next time you need a tasty appetizer!
Looking for Easy Crescent Roll Recipes? Learn how to make Crescent Roll Recipes at home.
Looking for more Appetizers/Snacks recipes
Looking for more appetizer snack recipes? Check out our collection below of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes that will satisfy your taste buds! From savory to sweet, these bites will have you dreaming of next week’s dinner party.
- Christmas Pinwheels
- Salmon Cakes
- Hand and Swiss Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls
- Tri Colour Spread
- Mango Ceviche Recipe
- Homemade Lemon Hummus
- Blackened Shrimp Avocado Bites
- Avocado Tacos
Also if you looking for dip recipes? Here are some delicious and easy ones to get started!
Spinach and Artichoke Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan to the bowl and stir well.
- On a cutting board, unroll one tube of crescent rolls. Pinch all the seams to make one large rectangle. Spread half of the spinach artichoke mixture on the dough. Starting at a long end, roll up, jellyroll style. Cut the log into 8 pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining crescent rolls and spinach artichoke mixture.
- Place the 16 rolls in the prepared pan with the filling facing up.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until dough in the center is cooked. If it starts browning, cover lightly with foil.
In conclusion, these spinach artichoke cups crescent rolls are the perfect appetizer for your next party. They are easy to make and only require a few ingredients. Plus, they are sure to be a hit with your guests. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try!
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!