Last updated on July 18th, 2022
If you’re looking to prepare the perfect appetizer for your upcoming party, look no further than these delicious meatball appetizers! Meatballs are delicious but can sometimes be difficult to make. It is important to have the right ingredients and the perfect amount of spice. This article will list some of the best meatball appetizer recipes that are easy to make and taste great. These will also give you tips on how to make them even better.
These moist and tender meatballs are coated with a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce that will capture the perfect balance between sweet and spicy. They are excellent served on skewers with toothpicks to make them easy to eat, but can also be served as traditional mini-meatballs with toothpicks or forks.
- 1 Egg
- 5 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with sides with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add egg and use a fork to lightly beat it. Then add evaporated milk, oats, onion, salt, paprika, and garlic powder to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add ground beef to the egg mixture and use your hands to combine all the ingredients. Using a medium cookie scoop, make meatballs that are about 2″ wide. Use your hands to roll them into round meatballs so they hold their shape.
- Place meatballs on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until meat is no longer pink.
BBQ Sauce Directions
- While meatballs are cooking, in a small saucepan, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Heat over medium-high until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- When meatballs are done cooking, toss them in the sauce until they’re completely coated. Then return them to the cookie sheet and continue baking at 350 for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
These meatball appetizers are easy to make, flavorful, and of course the perfect party food. The recipe is simple enough that even a novice cook can create these savory snacks for your next get-together. You can use any meatball recipe or even store-bought, but this particular recipe includes the added bonus of tasty buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles. It’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, almond flour, green onions, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the mixture into meatballs. Lay them onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, combine the hot sauce and melted butter, mixing well.
- Once the meatballs are cooked through, gently toss in the buffalo sauce.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Easy Crock Pot Meatballs
I love hosting parties, but I don’t always have time to prepare a big meal for all of my guests. That’s why I rely on my crockpot for easy party side dishes. These meatballs are perfect for either an informal or formal gathering. For this recipe, you can make your own meatballs from scratch and cook them or buy frozen pre-cooked meatballs.
- 800 g cooked meatballs
- 250 mL bottle of Russian dressing
- 250 mL of apricot jam
- 3 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix
- Mix the Russian dressing, apricot jam, and dry onion soup mix in a bowl.
- Place the meatballs in the crockpot and pour the sauce over the top. Stir. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 2-3 hours.
- Place the meatballs in a large resealable freezer bag if you are making these as a freezer meal.
- Mix the sauce and pour it into the bag. Squish together to combine, remove excess air from the bag, and seal.
- Freeze until ready to cook. Thaw. Pour into the crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- If serving these crockpot meatballs as an appetizer, you can set them out with toothpicks.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
For those looking for an appetizer that is out of the ordinary and truly memorable, Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are perfect. This recipe allows for a few of your favorite appetizers to be combined into one, which will make for a tasty and creative meal for guests and family members alike. The meatballs can be made ahead of time and then cooked on the grill or in the oven when ready to serve.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely minced
- 1/3 cup onion, finely minced
- 1/3 cup celery, finely minced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, diced
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mix the ground chicken, egg, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the bacon, jalapenos, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese
- Get one tablespoon of chicken mixture, roll them into balls, flatten them, place one teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the centers of the chicken patties, wrap them around the filling, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Put them into a preheated 400° F / 200° C oven for 10–20 minutes, until cooked or lightly golden brown.
- Toss the meatballs in the buffalo hot sauce and it’s ready to serve!