Last updated on March 17th, 2023
The Hawaiian sandwich is a culinary treasure and family favorite that has been around since the 1950s. Made with ham and Swiss cheese, it’s the perfect lunch or dinner on a hot day or game day.
Ham and Swiss sliders are a popular appetizer choice for any get-together delicious meal. But sometimes, you need to change things up! The next time you need a quick and easy recipe idea for party food or holiday party, try these ham and swiss Hawaiian sandwich rolls instead of traditional sliders. Made with just a handful of ingredients and topped with a delicious poppy seed sauce, these bite-sized snacks are the perfect treat for any celebration slider recipes.
Rolling up these Hawaiian roll sandwiches instead of putting them on a roll is a fun way to create a delicious appetizer. To make your own Hawaiian sandwich crescent rolls, you’ll need:
1 can sweet Hawaiian Crescent Rolls (Pillsbury)
16 slices ham
8 slices swiss cheese
¼ cup butter, melted
½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon poppy seeds
½ teaspoon dried minced onions
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
This combination of ingredients make up a ham and cheese stuffed crescent roll topped with a tangy poppy seed sauce to create a fun Hawaiian crescent roll appetizer everyone is sure to love in weeknight dinner.
How to Make Hawaiian Crescent Sandwich Rolls
Making these simple sandwich rolls is quick and easy for cheese party. In fact, you can put them together in just two steps: roll the sandwiches and top with the sauce.
- Start by making the crescent roll sandwiches. The key to getting the sweet and tangy flavor is to use sweet Hawaiian crescent rolls. Unroll each Hawaiian crescent and place two slices of ham on top. To get the ham to fit, I folded each slice in half and put one slice horizontally on the bottom of the triangle and the other slice vertically along the top of the triangle.
- After that, place one slice of swiss cheese on top of the ham. Then, roll up the crescent roll, starting at the bottom and rolling each crescent roll into a log. Place the rolled crescents on an ungreased baking sheet to cook.
- While the sandwiches are baking, prepare the sauce by combining the melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, dried onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until all the ingredients are well mixed. Bake the crescent sandwiches for seven minutes, until they’re just beginning to brown, then remove them from the oven and brush the top of each crescent with the sauce mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Place two slices of ham on the bottom of each crescent roll and top with a slice of swiss cheese. Roll up the crescent rolls and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, minced onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Bake the crescent rolls for 7 minutes, then remove them from the oven and brush with butter mixture. Return the crescent rolls to the oven and bake for an additional 7 to 9 minutes, until rolls are golden brown.
Looking for more Appetizers/Snacks recipes
Looking for appetizers snacks recipes? Here are some delicious ideas to get you started. From savory to sweet, these recipes will have you dreaming of a happy hour all week long.
- Mini Grilled Cheese Goodness
- Mediterranean Spread
- Easiest Cucumber Appetizers
- Cold Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- Old Fashioned Salmon Ball
- Lemon Lox on Rye Appetizer
- Make-Ahead Hot Corn and Crab Dip
- Fire and Ice Shrimp
- Simple Crab Dip
Hand and Swiss Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls
- 1 can Sweet Hawaiian Crescent Rolls (Pillsbury)
- 16 slices Ham
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- ½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tbsp Poppy Seeds
- ½ tsp Dried Minced Onions
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles
- Place two slices of ham on the bottom of each crescent roll and top with a slice of swiss cheese. Roll up the crescent rolls and place them on an ungreased baking sheet
- Combine the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, minced onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until well mixed
- Bake the crescent rolls for 7 minutes, then remove them from the oven and brush with butter mixture. Return the crescent rolls to the oven and bake for an additional 7 to 9 minutes, until rolls are golden brown