This delicious German Chocolate Bread Pudding is made in the slow cooker and combines all of the favorite German Chocolate flavors! Delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut!
It took me till well into my adult years to discover the deliciousness that is bread pudding! And now that I have, I want to experiment with all kinds of flavors.
This German Chocolate Bread Pudding is one of my absolute favorites! Not only does it combine some of my favorite flavors- coconut, pecans, chocolate and caramel- but it is SO easy to make in the slow cooker!
With a warm, gooey, custard-like texture, it is amazing served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. It’s perfect for a warm fall or winter evening.
How to Make Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
Start with a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker and grease the inside of it really well. You don’t want anything to stick to the sides so that you can enjoy all that ooey gooey goodness for yourself!
Next you want to cube your bread. Bread pudding is the perfect recipe to use up bread that is just past fresh and verging on stale.
This recipe takes about half a loaf of French Bread or Italian Bread. In fact, you can use half for Garlic Cheesy Bread for dinner and then the other half for this German Chocolate Bread Pudding. Sounds like the perfect night of eating to me!
Once you have your bread cut into cubes, place the bread in the greased slow cooker bowl.
Then top with chocolate chips, coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, white sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Whisk it all together really well and then pour over top of bread cubes.
Very gently toss everything in the slow cooker just to make sure all the bread cubes are no longer dry.
Then place the cover on and cook for about 3 to 3.5 hours. You should be able to insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
This is best served warm and even better when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
You can garnish with a caramel sauce drizzle and toasted coconut if you want. Heck, you can even sprinkle on more chopped pecans if you want too!
Slow Cooker German Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Grease a 4-5 quart slow cooker bowl.
- Place bread cubes in slow cooker bowl. Top with chocolate chips, coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. Pour evenly over top of bread cubes. Gently toss until all bread cubes are coated in milk mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-3.5 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm and toppings of your choice: vanilla ice cream, toasted coconut, caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!