Last updated on January 30th, 2023
This Slow Cooker Rotel Dip is the perfect mix of spicy and creamy! A favorite tailgate dip with only 3 ingredients!
This is the ultimate party food for football games! It’s spicy and hearty and takes almost zero time to put together!
You will find people hovered over the slow cooker just getting scoop after scoop of this popular cheese dip. It’s sooo addictive and need simple ingredients!
We love to serve it year-round and holiday gatherings, and always get specific requests for it when we got out. Let your slow cooker do the work with this so you have free time to hang out with friends and any game day!
What Ingredients Do You Need for Rotel Dip?
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can of Rotel with green chilies, undrained
- 32 oz. velveeta (obviously I go for the store brand since I’m cheapo)
How to Make Rotel Dip in Slow Cooker?
The only real hands-on part of this dip is you have to cook your ground beef. Just cook it in a frying pan until it’s no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes
Cube your Velveeta cheese into smaller pieces.
Then add everything to your slow cooker. Cook on high heat for about 2-3 hours.
This dip recipe actually lets you break the cardinal rule of slow cookers and allows you to remove the lid every once in a while to stir the ingredients together.
You don’t want the cheese to burn, so as it melts you need to stir everything together occasionally.
Once it’s all melted and heated through, it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
You can also store this in an airtight container to enjoy later.
This is best enjoyed appetizer recipes with tortilla chips or corn chips but I’ve even made it with celery sticks and carrots too!
Tips to Making Rotel Dip:
- If you like your food extra spicy, you can add two cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies. It won’t be quite as thick, but it will be spicy and delicious appetizer for parties!
- As your dip sits, it will thicken up quite a bit. You can either keep your slow cooker on warm or add about 1/2 cup of milk and stir into it to thin it out.
- You can substitute 1 pound of ground sausage in place of the ground beef if you want.
- Feel free to add seasonings if you want extra flavor. Garlic powder would be great with this!
Other Appetizers/Snacks recipes
There are so many other snacks and creamy appetizer that can be enjoyed besides delicious appetizers. Here are a few favorite recipes for you to try:
- Gingerbread Spiced Walnuts
- Herbed Goat Cheese Fritters
- Homemade Lemon Hummus
- How to Make Fried Pickles in the Air Fryer
- Make Ahead Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Mango Ceviche Recipe
- Mediterranean Pinwheels
- Bacon Jalapeño Pinwheels
Slow Cooker Rotel Dip
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 10 oz. Rotel with green chilies
- 32 oz. Velveeta
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Cut velveeta into 2" cubes.
- Add cubed velveeta, cooked ground beef and can of Rotel to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
In conclusion,this slow cooker Rotel cheese dip is the perfect party dish and cheesy appetizer recipes! It is easy to make with basic ingredients and can be served with a variety of dippers. So next time you are planning a party for appetizer for game days, be sure to give this yummy appetizers dish a try!
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!