This Slow Cooker Rotel Dip is the perfect mix of spicy and creamy! A favorite tailgate dip with only 3 ingredients!
This is the ultimate party food for football games! It’s spicy and hearty and takes almost zero time to put together!
You will find people hovered over the slow cooker just getting scoop after scoop of this popular dip. It’s sooo addictive!
We love to serve it year-round, and always get specific requests for it when we got out. Let your slow cooker do the work with this so you have free time to hang out with friends!
What Ingredients Do You Need for Rotel Dip?
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can of Rotel with green chilies, undrained
- 32 oz. velveeta (obviously I go for the store brand since I’m cheapo)
How Do You Make Rotel Dip?
The only real hands-on part to this dip is you have to cook your ground beef. Just cook it in a frying pan until it’s no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes
Cube the velveeta into smaller pieces.
Then add everything to your slow cooker.
Cook on high for about 2 hours.
This recipe actually lets you break the cardinal rule of slow cookers and allows you to remove the lid every once in awhile to stir the ingredients together.
You don’t want the cheese to burn, so as it melts you need to stir everything together occasionally.
Once it’s all melted and heated through, it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Tips to Making Rotel Dip:
- If you like your food extra spicy, you can add two cans of the Rotel tomatoes with green chilies. It won’t be quite as thick, but it will be spicy and delicious!
- As your dip sits, it will thicken up quite a bit. You can either keep your slow cooker on warm or add about 1/2 cup of milk and stir into it to thin it out.
- You can substitute 1 pound of ground sausage in place of the ground beef if you want.
- Feel free to add seasonings if you want. Garlic powder would be great with this!
Slow Cooker Rotel Dip
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 10 oz. Rotel with green chilies
- 32 oz. Velveeta
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Cut velveeta into 2" cubes.
- Add cubed velveeta, cooked ground beef and can of Rotel to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!