Last updated on January 30th, 2023
These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are the ultimate game day food! A buttery crescent roll filled with buffalo chicken and melted cheese then dipped in blue cheese dressing!
These are hard to photograph but super yummy to eat!
I mean how could they not be when their ingredients are crescent rolls, buffalo chicken and cheese!
You honestly can’t go wrong with that classic flavor combo and everyone who has tried these would agree. They disappear so fast when I take them to tailgating parties or just when I make them at home for my family.
And they’re super easy to make since I always keep bags of shredded buffalo chicken in my freezer for recipes just like this! It’s so easy to make Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot, that I just make up huge batches and keep them on-hand at pretty much all times!
Don’t worry, though. If you don’t have any on-hand, I’ll still show you exactly how to make this perfect pinwheels recipe so it turns out amazing!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
In a medium bowl, combine all of the above ingredients except the crescent roll dough.
Unroll your crescent roll dough on a cutting board and pinch all the seams together so it’s one large rectangle.
Then spread the chicken mixture onto your dough.
Starting at the long end closest to you, start rolling it up like a jellyroll. If the seams start separating as you’re rolling, just pinch them back together as you go.
Then place the entire roll in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This will help it keep its shape better as it’s cooking.
Once you remove it from the fridge, slice into 10 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
And then bake for about 20 minutes until they’re golden brown and the dough is all cooked.
They are so delicious party food and loved everywhere I take them! And while they’re best served hot, I’ve also had them after they’ve cooled off and they still taste amazing!
Buffalo chicken pinwheels are the perfect appetizer for any party, gathering and game day appetizers. This crescent roll appetizer is a simple recipe and easy to make, and everyone will love them! So be sure to give them a try next time you need a tasty snack.
Looking for more Appetizers/Snacks recipes
Looking for more appetizer snack recipes? Here are some great ideas to get you started. These recipes are sure to please.
- The Best Ever Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Asparagus Prosciutto Spears
- Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Blackened Shrimp Avocado Bites
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Campfire Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Also, if you are looking for some of The Best Chicken Wing Recipes? Check out our list below! These recipes are sure to please any wing lover. Whether you’re a traditionalist or a wing fanatic, we’ve got you covered.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 cup Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tube Crescent Rolls
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, salt, garlic powder and cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a large cutting board. Pinch all the seams together to form a large rectangle.
- Spread the chicken mixture onto the crescent roll dough. Starting at the long end closest to you, start rolling up the dough like a jellyroll. If seams start separating, just pinch them back together as you go.
- Place log of crescent roll in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove crescent roll log from fridge and cut into 10 equal slices. Place each slide on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and dough is cooked through.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!