These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are the ultimate game day food! A buttery crescent roll filled with buffalo chicken and melted cheese then dipped in blue cheese dressing!
These are hard to photograph but super yummy to eat!
I mean how could they not be when their ingredients are crescent rolls, buffalo chicken and cheese!
You honestly can’t go wrong with that combo and everyone who has tried these would agree. They disappear so fast when I take them to tailgating parties or just when I make them at home for my family.
And they’re super easy to make since I always keep bags of shredded buffalo chicken in my freezer for recipes just like this! It’s so easy to make Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot, that I just make up huge batches and keep them on-hand at pretty much all times!
Don’t worry, though. If you don’t have any on-hand, I’ll still show you exactly how to make this recipe so it turns out amazing!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
In a medium bowl, combine all of the above ingredients except the crescent roll dough.
Unroll your crescent roll dough on a cutting board and pinch all the seams together so it’s one large rectangle.
Then spread the chicken mixture onto your dough.
Starting at the long end closest to you, start rolling it up like a jellyroll. If the seams start separating as you’re rolling, just pinch them back together as you go.
Then place the entire roll in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This will help it keep its shape better as it’s cooking.
In the meantime, you can preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick cooking spray).
Once you remove it from the fridge, slice into 10 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
And then bake for about 20 minutes until they’re golden brown and the dough is all cooked.
The cheese gets all crispy on the bottom and then stays gooey on top. The buffalo chicken gives it that bite that goes perfectly with dipping in blue cheese or ranch dressing.
They are so delicious and loved everywhere I take them! And while they’re best served hot, I’ve also had them after they’ve cooled off and they still taste amazing!
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, salt, garlic powder and cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a large cutting board. Pinch all the seams together to form a large rectangle.
- Spread the chicken mixture onto the crescent roll dough. Starting at the long end closest to you, start rolling up the dough like a jellyroll. If seams start separating, just pinch them back together as you go.
- Place log of crescent roll in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove crescent roll log from fridge and cut into 10 equal slices. Place each slide on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and dough is cooked through.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!