Published: 02/15/2022 | Updated: 01/08/2024
If you’ve poked around this site before, you may have noticed that there are a good number of appetizers with bacon. The reason for this is simple. For 11 years, I didn’t eat bacon, and ever since tasting it again, I’ve been trying to make up for a lost time! I can’t believe all the delicious appies I missed out on all those years!
These are a common bacon recipe appetizer and I haven’t done anything special to change it up but in case you somehow have never tried these or if you’re like me and didn’t use to eat bacon and now do, here is an easy and fast recipe for you.
Drain a can of water chestnuts and soak them in a bowl of soy sauce for at least 10-20 minutes. When you take them out, set aside the excess soy sauce for later.
Cut strips of bacon in half and wrap each water chestnut in bacon, securing with a toothpick. Set on an old shiny baking pan. A shiny baking pan is a key to getting crispy bacon.
You will have a few bacon strips leftover. Put these flat on the tray. They can crisp up at the same time as your appetizers are baking and you can either munch on them as you’re cooking, or you can break them into pieces and use them to make the Better Than Bacon appies.
Before serving an appetizer with bacon, pour on some of that leftover soy sauce you set aside earlier or put it in a small bowl for guests to dip into themselves.
These simple bacon appetizers can be made gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free soy sauce and gluten-free bacon.
Looking for more appetizers/snacks recipes
Looking for more appetizer/snack recipes? Check out these some delicious recipes sure to please any palate. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or savory, these recipes will have you coming back for more!
- Easy Campfire Dip
- Easy Cheesy Campfire Nachos
- Easy Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Easy Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Our Favourite Guacamole
- Make Ahead Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Herbed Goat Cheese Fritters
- Mango Ceviche Recipe
Easy Bacon Appetizer
- one can whole waterchestnuts
- soy sauce to cover
- 1 package bacon
- optional: toothpicks to secure
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Drain the water chestnuts.
- Soak the water chestnuts in soy sauce in a small bowl for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap water chestnut in bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Bake on a shiny cookie tray until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
- Sprinkle with more soy sauce before serving.
Flavorful bacon is an excellent cooking ingredient. Make this appetizer with bacon recipe for your next party or holiday gathering!
Interested in trying out any bacon recipe appetizer? Check out this website for plenty of ideas.