Last updated on September 13th, 2022
Not only is this the best chocolate chip blondies recipe, but it’s also always one of the easiest! Made with graham cracker crumbs, it stays fresh and gooey for days so it’s a great recipe to make ahead as well!
These are NOT healthy.
Let’s just get that out of the way right here in the beginning.
These are gooey and chocolatey and so decadent! They’ll disappear quickly from potlucks and you’ll be mad at yourself for not setting a few aside to snack on later.
It’s such an easy blonde brownie recipe, though, that you can whip up another batch in no time!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
These are so simple to make that I don’t even use a stand mixer for them. You can if you want, but you’ll be dirtying an extra bowl then.
Add in 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Stir well until it’s all mixed in again. Then, add a pinch of salt, 2 cups of flour, and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. Stir it really well till combined.
If you used salted butter, you can skip adding the pinch of salt. If you used unsalted butter, however, I would really add the salt in. Salt is a flavor enhancer, so it really helps intensify the other flavors and makes it taste so much better!
Back to the batter, once all your dry ingredients are blended well, it’s time for your add-ins. Stir in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and about 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs. It will be a thick batter.
Once that’s all combined, transfer batter to a greased 13×9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. The top will be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
Be sure to let them cool completely before cutting, because they’ll be too gooey while they’re still hot!
Tips and Tricks to Making Blonde Brownies
- You don’t have to use semi-sweet chocolate chips if they aren’t your favorite! Other ideas: milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, M&M Baking Bits, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips.
- For the graham cracker crumbs, you can really use anywhere from 2/3 cup to 3/4 cup, so don’t be too particular about it if you’re short on crumbs. Go ahead and still make those blondies!
- These freeze really too! I just freeze individual slices so that I can pull one out at a time when I get a craving.
- I use all-purpose flour in this recipe. I’ve never tested with whole wheat flour, almond flour or any other kind. If you do test it, be sure to let me know how it turns out and I can update the post!
- These are so good if you warm them up for about 15-20 seconds in the microwave and then top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Blondies a la mode are a favorite around here!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Salt pinch
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Add brown sugar to melted butter and stir until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add a pinch of salt, flour and baking powder. Stir until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs and stir well.
- Transfer batter to greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the middle is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool Completely before cutting.