These simple mac and cheese recipes are homemade and easy! From baked mac and cheese to the instant pot to stove top, there’s a version of this favorite side dish that your family will just love!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipes
The benefit of making your macaroni and cheese recipe in the Instant Pot or in a slow cooker is that you’ll have less dirty pans to wash! Everything just gets dumped right in, you can set the timer and go on about your business getting other stuff done. There’s no pan to watch, nothing to stir and it’s about as “set it and forget it” as you can get!
The slow cooker is an especially good method for serving to a crowd too, because after it’s done cooking, you can just set it to warm and serve right from there.
Both the instant pot and slow cooker result in a really creamy cheese sauce that isn’t dry at all.
Here are some great instant pot and slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipes to try:
- Hamburger Mac and Cheese
- Italian Mac and Cheese
- Classic Mac and Cheese in the Instant Pot
- Classic Mac and Cheese in the Slow Cooker
Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipes
If you’re looking for a super creamy, extra cheesy recipe, then these easy stovetop mad and cheese recipes are for you! If you’ve ever had Panera Mac and Cheese, that’s the consistency you’ll get with most of these recipes.
The biggest benefit of making your mac and cheese on the stovetop is how quickly it comes together! Not only will you not have to bake it in the oven for an extra 25 minutes to an hour, but you won’t have to heat up your house with the oven being on that long either.
The creaminess is almost like a homemade Kraft Mac and Cheese that comes in that upgraded box and costs a couple bucks more. You know, the extra creamy version that tastes so decadent!
Some of the stovetop recipes are one pot too, so you’ll save yourself on washing some dishes while you’re at it.
Check out these great variations on stovetop mac and cheese recipes:
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Panera’s Mac and Cheese Copycat Recipe
- Classic Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Taco Mac and Cheese
- Guacamole Mac and Cheese
- Lentil Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Red Pepper Mac and Cheese
- One Pot Mac and Cheese
Baked Mac and Cheese Recipes
Hands down, baked macaroni and cheese recipes are my absolute favorite! I know some people say they are too dry, but if you make it with the perfect ratio of cheese sauce (bechamel) to pasta, it results in one of the world’s most perfect dishes!
Baking your mac and cheese definitely takes longer than making it on the stovetop, but it is worth that extra time. You can get a nice, caramelized coating on the top and it isn’t quite as soup-y as making it on the stovetop.
A baked mac and cheese recipe results in glorious cheese pulls, golden brown topping and a richness of flavor that just can’t be beat!
Plus, there are so many different variations you can try!
Check out these baked mac and cheese recipes and find your new favorite:
- Classic Baked Mac and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Ranch Bacon Mac and Cheese Cups
- Shiratake Noodle Mac and Cheese
- Green Chili Chorizo Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese
- Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Butternut Squash Baked Mac and Cheese
- Spinach Artichoke Baked Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Skinny Greek Mac and Cheese
- Caprese Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Being gluten free poses it’s own special circumstances when it comes to pasta dishes, but there are definitely work-arounds that still result in cheesy, gooey goodness for everyone to enjoy!
Check out these gluten free mac and cheese recipes to satisfy that craving:
What Do You Serve with Mac and Cheese?
Looking for the perfect main course to serve with your macaroni and cheese recipe? These are some of my favorite!
- Chicken Salad– what sounds better for a summer picnic than chicken salad sandwiches with a side of mac and cheese?
- Grilled Chicken– Grill up some chicken with this amazing marinade recipe and pair it with some mac and cheese and your favorite veggie for a complete meal!
- BBQ Meatballs– Ready to become your kids’ favorite chef? Serve them these BBQ meatballs and a creamy, stovetop mac and cheese and they’ll be asking for seconds!
Be sure to PIN THIS POST so you can refer to it later!