Marry Me Chicken pairs tender chicken with a creamy parmesan sauce. It’s so good you’ll want to marry it!
This delicious chicken dish will put all chicken recipes to shame! Tender chicken breast tenders covered in a creamy parmesan sauce with sun dried tomatoes and fresh parsley… it seriously lives up to it’s name!
I love that it’s all made in one pan and since I used a cast iron skillet, it can go straight from the stovetop to the oven.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken was first named by Delish.com when an employee ate it and declared it “so good I could marry it!”. The name stuck and it’s been crazy popular ever since!
It’s a simple sauce with loads of flavor that all seem to pair perfectly together. It’s worthy of a marriage proposal!
What Chicken Should You Use?
The original dish used chicken thighs with the skin still on. This lets the skin get nice and crispy when you sear it and tastes amazing.
Many people also use boneless, skinless chicken breasts because of their preference for white meat. You won’t get the crispy skin aspect, but it will still taste amazing.
For my recipe, I used chicken tenders for a couple reasons. First, they cook faster and we always seem to be crunched for time lately. Second, since they are thinner, every bite you have has been covered in sauce and cooked in.
Can You Change the Recipe at All?
This recipe is so adaptable! You can add sliced mushrooms, spinach, basil or adjust the spices to your favorites.
You can also thicken the sauce if you find it’s too thin. Before adding the parmesan cheese, toss it in 1 tablespoon of flour and then add it to the skillet with the sundried tomatoes.
Continue simmering and stirring and the sauce will thicken up.
What Do You Serve with Marry Me Chicken?
This chicken dish is great served over angel hair noodles or even rice. The sauce drenches the noodles and it becomes a complete meal!
It’s also great served with a side veggie or bread dish like these favorites:
- Easy Green Beans with Onions
- Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread
- Garlic Cheesy Bread
- Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Carrots
Can You Make This Chicken Ahead of Time?
You can make it up to a day ahead and store it in the fridge. To reheat, just set the pan on the stovetop and simmer until heated through.
I would not recommend freezing it, though. The sauce contains heavy cream and will separate when it’s thawing.
Marry Me Chicken
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp. Olive OIl
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes and oregano and stir for one minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream and stir well. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parmesan cheese and chopped sun dried tomatoes. Stir into sauce.
- Return chicken to pan and flip to coat. Spoon sauce over chicken and then place skillet in preheated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over top.
Be sure to PIN THIS POST to save for later!