Low Carb Coconut Shrimp
A delicious low carb treat, this coconut shrimp recipe is less than 5 ingredients! It makes a great keto appetizer or serve it as a dinner over a salad.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time23 mins
- 1 lb Raw, large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened, flaked coconut
In a small bowl, add coconut flour. In a 2nd bowl, add eggs and beat well. In a 3rd bowl, add flaked coconut.
Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour. Then dip in eggs, making sure to remove excess egg. Finally, add shrimp to coconut bowl and press to coat the entire shrimp with coconut.
Placed coated shrimp in the air fryer basket. Continue adding shrimp until you have a single layer of shrimp in the basket.
Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Stop cooking halfway through to flip shrimp. They are done when shrimp is pink and coconut is golden brown.
- You can substitute the coconut flour with almond flour or all-purpose flour (though this is not low carb)
- serve with cocktail sauce or a sweet chili dipping sauce
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 468mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1.9mg