Hello, I’m Natalie…
I’m a born and raised Central PA girl who lives right outside of Hershey. That may or may not be the reason for my infatuation with chocolate, but when you grow up smelling it in the air, it seems to come naturally.
I’ve been married to my college sweetheart for 18 years and he’s pretty much my favorite human on the planet. We have a 17 year old son and a 15 year old daughter, and it still blows my mind that I’m the one uttering that sentence! I was pretty much made to share life with these people and nothing makes me happier than going through my days with them at my side.
Random facts about me:
- I come from a family of 8 and we’re all still very close as adults. I always thought I wanted a large family too… until I experienced pregnancy. whomp, whomp.
- I’ve probably seen more movies than anyone reading this, but 90% of them were made before 1980 and I watched them before I turned 18. As an adult, I still don’t want to hear anybody talk about Top Gun, Forrest Gump or Steel Magnolias. You might spoil it for me, and I’ll get around to watching them someday.
- I once had a neighbor exclaim that she had thought of me earlier that day. When I asked why, she said “I saw furniture out for someone’s trash and you popped into my head”. That defines my style.
- The only 2 celebrities I’ve ever met are Martin Short and Wayne Gretzky. I dropped a book on Martin Short’s head and I didn’t even know I was talking to Wayne Gretzky until we parted ways and some random person told me. I should have figured it out, though, since we were at a hockey game and his brother was playing. Oh, and he has one of the most recognizable faces ever!! My husband still doesn’t think this is a funny story…
- I graduated from college with a degree in Public Relations and a minor in journalism. So basically, I went to school for blogging and social media before that was even a thing!
About The Endless Appetite
I grew up watching my Mom stretch a dollar like nobody’s business in the kitchen! We didn’t have a lot of money, but she could put together some pretty amazing meals for her family of 8 from the food pantry box. It was a thing of magic.
I’ve now been cooking for my own family for 18+ years and I’m still creating new recipes and trying new ingredients. It never gets old for me! I even owned a bakery for a few years during that time, so you might just see some cake decorating tutorials pop up here and there. I can’t resist!
But mostly, you’ll find easy recipes for your family. Recipes that are sometimes healthy and sometimes indulgent, because we all need a little balance in light, right? But they’ll always be with ingredients that are easy to find and steps that you can replicate.
You can follow along with all of my kitchen adventures on social media:
I hope you’ll stick around and get to know us better! If you’d like to collaborate on a recipe, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org